Signs of Life

Monday, September 26, 2005

We do not bite ow fiends...

Robin loves to be in the kitchen with me while I cook. Usually she is preoccupied with something else and sits and plays (or sings). This evening she was playing with her baby. Reading to her, feeding her…and punishing her!

“You sit wite deia. We do not bite ow fiends!...you put you hands in you lap”

She went on and on. Then told me all about how the baby bit Nicholas (who was outside riding his scooter at the time). I had to leave the living room and laugh and laugh with Rob. We whispered and giggled…”did you hear that!”

Nicholas has said a few doozies recently as well. The best is the one that someone said that his son said that he said....ya get that? Let me set the scene:

Rob plays ball with a man who has a son in Nicholas’ class. Well, one night at the ball field, the other dad tells Rob a story that his son had shared. It goes a little like this:

Dad: (knowing the boy had gym this day) “What did you do in gym today?”
Son: “ohh nothin’, Nicholas and I just sat back and drank some beers”
Dad: “Where’d you get that from?”
Son: “Nicholas said that’s what his daddy does all day”

OK! Finished my last draft of my final research proposal. I guess I’ll look at it again in the morning for one last revision before tomorrow’s class. It’s late (early am actually) and Robin is asleep on my bed. Can’t wait to join her!!!

1 Comments:

  • So: does history repeat iteslf? "Whaaaa whaaaa Momma, momma, momma!! Phil bit me back!!!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home