Signs of Life

Monday, September 12, 2005

Academics

Things are moving along very quickly and abundantly! In addition to 3 classes (M,T,W,TH nights each week) I am working as a Graphic Designer for ASU's Energy Center as well as ASU Department of Technology Graduate Assistant. It's amazing how much I have learned about design over the past year...what will I learn this year!!!

I have taken classes in Web design,
3-D Animation and Modeling, and Electronic Imaging; in addition to all of the required graduate level Technology Department courses. Right now I am enrolled in a Prepress class which I really enjoy. The professor is a designer at Samaritan's Purse (here in Boone).

My course of study has led me down the road of a Master's Thesis! I’ll be working on
National Association for Industrial Technology (NAIT) accreditation for the Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology Program at ASU.

In the Spring I had my first experience as a workshop presenter. I spoke about the “Technology Curtain” at ASU’s Women’s Leadership Conference. Turned out to be a rather motivational presentation on women in the technology industry. I plan to submit a proposal again this year to speak once more!

The cover from a publication I designed this summer for ASU’s Energy Center.











- Walker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home