Signs of Life

Saturday, October 01, 2005

The world is my Oyster!


Today I took the children for a walk to the duck pond. Boy were they glad to see us with our Cherrios! We soon hear the marching band and moved up to the stadium to investigate. Much to our pleasure the marching bad was practicing and we got to sit and watch. Nicholas ran all over the grassy hill dancing and marching. Robin sat very cautiously in her stroller nursing a very slimy, green Fruit Roll-up (which she offered to share with me).

This evening we went to the park and I played with Robin while the guys fished. Nicholas has fallen in love with fishing! It is VERY hard…ok impossible for him to remain quite while fishing, so it’s not usually a very productive outing. Today, however, Rob caught a small Trout.

Last Thursday I got an email from Greg! So nice to talk to him on the way home from class. Seems he doing VERY well! He just began rehearsals for
The Woman in White, a new Andrew Lloyd Webber musical to start on Broadway mid September. He is in the Ensemble and is the understudy for one of the leads. Rob and I are planning a Christmas trip to NY to see him and Bridget. I’m not too interestedin the story line, but hear that 90% of the set is digital projection! Aside from seeing Dreg and Bridget (Happy 1 year Anniversary!!) I look forward to seeing the graphic design of the set!!!

Nicholas had a pretty good week at school. 2 yellows and 3 greens but the best part is that the greens were all in a row….Wednesday-Friday!

This weekend Rob goes to Las Vegas. Sure wish I could go with him!!! Especially since I’ll be home with the road to our house closed and the hot water off all weekend….pretty sure I’ll be traveling as well. Not sure where though? Columbia to Walhalla???

On a professional note: My Master’s Thesis is on accreditation of the Graphic Arts and imaging Program at ASU. I wil performa a self study using the 16 standards of the
National Association of Industrial Technology. In an effort to get a little information about theses new standards (only in Beta-testing phase at this time), my Department Chair called the Executive Director of the NAIT so I could ask some questions. Through this conversation (I guess he was rather impressed because) he invited me to join him in a closed session team meeting at the upcoming national conference in November. Apparently the team who generated the new Outcomes based standards model will be having a meeting and I input must be of value!?!?!? Rather exciting.

Also, went to the Career fair this past week and had a blast! I took a “world is my oyster” approach to the whole thing and left there with LOTS of leads and career ideas. Since then I have made several contacts to ad agencies and print shops and downloaded my resume to Duke Power! Long story but simply put, I sold myself to them…actually to their corporate offices! I am of value in the marketing industry because I understand the print industry.

1 Comments:

  • WELL IF YOU ARE COMING TO NEW YORK AROUND CHRISTMAS, LET US KNOW WHEN SO THAT WE CAN SEE YA.
    GEORGE/KAREN/ELENA AND OF COURSE ALEX-TYLER AND MAYBE EVEN OLD GAGE.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home