Signs of Life

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Success

Because I am tired and have told this story time and again this evening...this will be as brief as possible.

We arrived at 11:30 for prep and the nurses were ready and waiting for us. They got him all "dalled-up" for a date with Dr McGeorge at 1. At 12 sharp they wheeled him out toward the OR.

I was in the waiting room when I saw Dr., McGeorge walk by at 12:50 (right on time for his 1pm surgery on Rob).

The proposed 1 hour surgery lasted...ONE HOUR! I was paged at 2:05 to the special room where the family meets with the physician. Dr McGeorge walks in with this... "I put Humpty Dumpty back together again". The report was "all is just as expected". He pulled the tendon up to the kneecap through 3 holes and crazy durable sutures ("parachute thread"...). He also added a second suture around his patella down to his tibia and through a hole he drilled there. OUCH!

Mom had the children and they joined me at the hospital around 7pm. (aren't purple glove balloons GREAT!)

Rob was wearing out around 7:15 pm so I took the children home at 7:30 so everyone can get rest (except me because I am writing this...plus I rearranged the living room a bit!)

I will return tomorrow to meet with the doctor again and review the physical therapy plan. The will bring him home around lunch time.

In other news.
The bid we made on a house was accepted, so we will be closing on our new home on March 15!!! I hope to get better photos soon, in the meantime, this was on the MLS report.

And Nicholas has his Cub Scouts' Pine wood derby car race Friday and Saturday! He's making a skateboard. I'll have to get some pictures of it!


Slow down life...I can not keep up!
<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home