Signs of Life

Monday, May 01, 2006

the climber!

I took Nicholas to the new climbing wall here on campus in the new Student Recreation Center. It was LOTS of fun. He is generally very cautious in crowds and with new things. But he did VERY well. He played around on the bouldering wall for a while to get used to the process. We talked about etiquette and movement along the rock face. I climbed to the top of one run to show him what it's like [holy cow...can't believe I made it up there after all this time!!] then he took a turn on the big wall. Check out the fabulous form!
[bouldering here]
yes! this was an overhang...check him out!
My friends Adrian and Jess from the Ind. Technology graduate program.
Look at him get up OVER Adrian's head!!! [and Adrian is TALL]He LOVED it!!! I think it i sgoing to be a daily activity until we have to move!!!
We went to Grandfather Mountain this weekend. The last of the April “dollar days” for locals. It was pretty nice weather. We took a pic-nic lunch…but it was so cold in the wind up there…we finished it all in the car on the way home. By the time we got home both children were asleep! Here are some pictures…No more classes. This Saturday I “walk” with my cohort from the Department of Technology. I am excited that Dad and Pat and Mom and Ray will all be here along with my dear Rob, Nicholas, and Robin!

Still have the feelers out on some jobs. I’ve heard back form two that I am not being considered. We’re in the process of looking for housing here as I also continue to look for a place to work in the upstate of SC! Let me know if you hear of anything!

[there are so many more. I will post images from the campus Earth Day celebration next time!]

<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home