Signs of Life

Sunday, March 19, 2006

D...D...D...De-fence!

My thesis defense is tomorrow at noon and I am scrambling for a few more ounces of motivation. That is one sure drawback to doing a thesis is the burn out and the lack of interest. But…this is one small step toward the end result…GRADUATION!

After this I still have a full agenda. Lots of work at the Energy Center and complete my GA hours for the semester; a group project in tec and culture on the lifecycle of newsprint (amazing what people use old newspapers for!); design a hardback book (contents and cover) for my design team by mid April; make graduation announcements; find a job and a place to live; and watch my children grow up before I miss it!

Just a note: Our friends Erin and Nathan lost their baby. In an effort to bring healing into their life, we bought them a holly tree. An evergreen symbolic of that precious life. When we delivered it they let us help them plant it then we stayed over for dinner. Later that night, Nicholas said to me “Mommy, I bet Nathan and Erin would rather have their baby than that tree we gave them”. The extremely tender heart of my rambunctious 5 year old.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations to you, Walker! And to Rob for his loving support! I am so very proud of you for your achievement - above and beyond the general expectations of a master's degree~! You are outstanding!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home