Signs of Life

Saturday, February 11, 2006

please, no more salt...

How many different kinds of Salt do you have in your house?

I have four different kinds of salt (inside my house).

  • There’s the obvious, table salt, used for….well you know.
  • Then there’s Kosher salt, recently purchased to make soft pretzels for the “tailgate” party with the Taylors. (by the way, I had to buy a HUGE box for topping just 6 pretzels!).
  • Next there’s Rock salt. Purchased for making home made ice cream. (E-mail me if you want a really cool recipe for making it with your children using a coffee can and a 5 gallon bucket!).
  • Finally, we have a few bags of Epsom salt, purchased for soaking body parts. Yeh..."gross"....I know.

That doesn’t account for the side-walk salt under the stairs outside (not to mention all over the sidewalk and parking lot….did you see Ray’s weather for this weekend!!!).

We have salt!

…then I have “salt-free” seasoning in my cabinets. I can’t even go there right now.

It’s been a crazy day! Among some other events, I had a job interview with ASU’s Webmaster’s office. (located in ITS). That went well. I am over educated and under qualified. (Yep …it can happen). So, we’ll see. There are lots more options on the horizon. I submitted an application to Samaritan’s Purse, BMW, Duke Energies, and Staples. This week I will get my act together to apply for another position at ASU in the College of Business.

I have to close with a Robin-ism.

When anyone goes anywhere in our family, Robin has to have a hug and kiss. Well, Rob had a fever a few days ago and told Robin to kiss on the cheek only (she demands, “no, kiss me on the lips”). Her reasoning is :”Daddy, your lips are sick?”

Check this out…

Nicholas, January 2005

...and January 2006

Robin, January 2005

...and January 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home