Signs of Life

Thursday, May 04, 2006

the end is near

I posted before but the server went out on me as I uploaded it so I lost about an hour worth of Blog work! Takes a while to upload these photos [but you have to see them!]

So, this weekend is Graduation! Amazing that it is already here. No job yet…but I am not worried TODAY! Yesterday, now that is a whole other issue! I’m looking forward to the festivities this weekend will hold for me. Dad and Pat will be here Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon. Mom and Ray here Saturday am through Sunday am. And Phil will be here for Saturday (an up and back trip). I will miss my Meme and Papa, but understand their need to stay in Columbia.

Still chugging along at the Energy Center and trying to get some GA tasks completed as well. There is lots to do all the time!

The tadpoles have back legs and I have built them a “shore” in the aquarium. We’re all ready for them to crawl out! Nicholas thinks this is pretty cool. We look at them every day and the magnifying glass sits right beside the tank.

Nicholas’ behavior is tops! Amazing how he has matured this school year. Only 3 more weeks of Kindergarten, and I’ll have a first grader! Robin is her spunky self. It’s been a while since I shared a Robinism, so here goes: The item in this photo is referred to as a “Jelly Bean Car”. She wants a pink one.

I never told you all about Earth Day at ASU. Matt was haning out with Nicholas that day so we went for a walk all over campus. They LOVED the solar powered bubble machine…

the demolition of Broom Kirk gym (they were cheering for the machines as they ripped apart the brick and metal!)…

and the cigarette butt scavenger hunt where they got candy for picking up over 40 cigarette butts!!

BUT MOST OF ALL….they boys got to throw water balloons at people! I have no pictures as they were running so frantically to “get those girls over there!!!”

We went to Grandfather Mountain this weekend [the last of Watauga county residents’ “dollar days”]. We saw all the local animals, went for a short hike, walked across the swinging bridge (Robin loved it), and had a short picnic (the wind drove us away). We were one mile above sea level on Saturday, where were you?

Have you seen this picture of the boss?

Nicholas at the rock wall on campus!

Robin's dinner napkin doubles as a "graduation hat"...so apparently the previous post did work. I just never saw it until I posted this one. Weird?

<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home