Signs of Life

Sunday, July 09, 2006

visiting family

(an attempt at a post on Sunday!)
We're having a good time in Columbia this weekend visiting my brother and Ken. The dog (Jackson) as been in the lake for hours. He wears a lifejacket so he can stay in longer and not get so tired. He loves the water (Golden Retriever...go figure). So he just swims all over, splashing and biting at the splashes! He's a beautiful BIG dog. The children aren't so sure about the lake. They played a little bit. Right now they've had their fill of watermelon and are crashed on the couch. Robin is fast asleep and Nicholas is enjoying Robots! We went to my grandparents house again this morning to visit a bit with them. Nicholas and Papa are buddies. Papa walks Nicholas all over the yard teaching him about the plants. Nicholas is so cute. Papa was showing him a hot pepper and how you can eat the outside and it is not hot. Papa shaved off a bit with the vein and seeds to show me what NOT to do. He threw that on the ground so the children wouldn't eat it...or so you'd think. I say directly to Robin "Robin, don't eat that. Papa will cut you a piece you can eat". Next thing I know she was spitting and rubbing her month. I told her to go the back of the house and get some chips form Phil, Ken and Meme who were visiting back there. When we made it around to the back she was quite as a mouse, rubbing her mouth and spitting a little bit. But never any noise or obvious signs of discomfort. Finally I took her in to get a glass of milk and some ice cream. When we went in she started crying. back outside everyone commented about how calm she was a never cried.

(wasn't able to complete this post before because the connection messed up)

I think we're going to get internet at home. I have decided that it is virtually impossible to get much "done" during the day as a fulltime mom. No time to unpack...run errands...the children need/demand all of my attention all of the time. I'm sure it would be easier if we had not moved and we were in a familiar place with a settled home. Today, I need to find the post office, the DMV and need to get my oil changed! Whew! It can pile up. BUT...we have a washing machine and dryer now and a dishwasher....so life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home