Signs of Life

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Rob!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to Rob…
Happy Birthday to you!!!

35 years strong!

I love you Rob and hope that you have a wonderful day today. That Orientation goes well once more and that Debbie’s cookies are OUTSTANDING…I know they will be. She baked 35 of them right? Robin and I had fun making your cake last night. Nicholas will help me ice it after camp tomorrow. They were SO excited about the birthday gifts they picked out for you. Can’t wait for you to see them.

So we leaver in a few weeks for Greenwood. It is coming down to the wire! So much to pack and such LITTLE interest in packing it!!! It has been nice to be able to go through our clothes and stuff. Whew….how many more trips to Rams Rack? The children are a bit confused with 1. packing it up for long term storage 2. packing it up to give away and 3. packing it up JUST to move it to greenwood! Poor little things.

We’re planning a going away birthday party for Nicholas! I know he will LOVE it. So many people have said they want to come already and I haven’t sent the invites out yet!!! They’re real cute. I’ll have to post one later.

Speaking of posting Jess….WHERE ARE YOU!!!! You and yer blog have disappeared. I miss seeing your newspaper spreads.

We visited and said goodbye to our pediatrician. Boy will we all miss him!!

A gardinia at mom's house. Too bad you can't smell this image...it is OUTSTANDING!

Howards Knobb...from my back yard.


Some recent Robin-isms:

When Robin shares M&Ms or other treats she will give you ONE. You ask for “some” and get ONE. So Nicholas has been trying to teach her about “some”, and here’s a recent exchange.
N: “Robin can I have some of those crackers?”
R: “Yep. I’ll give you a full-hand” (hand-full)

At the ball field last night.
R: “bye” (to a stranger getting in a car)
W: “Who was that”
R: “My other mommy”
W: “Are you getting rid of me?”
R: “yeh”

Robin and Nicholas are always picking flowers for me. Robin consistently picks the top of the flower off of the stem. So I can’t possibly do anything with it. So I remind her, “try to get some of the stem”. At the ball field she picks a dandelion with a bit of a stem and proudly proclaims “This one has a stick on it!”

Again at the ball field last night (boy, the best comes out of Robin is public!).
R: “Mommy look at that man. His hair is sticking up” (a gelled short-spiked hair style)
Man’s friend: (laughing) “Did you hear what she just said about your hair!!!!!!”
Man: (rolling his eyes and hanging his head) “yeh”
(Friends all around are laughing)


Not much else going on…isn’t this enough?
OH...and Happy Birthday Fanci!!!

<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home