Signs of Life

Monday, May 22, 2006

Holly

I am getting nothing done. I have spent the last hour trying to create a birthday list for Robin and Nicholas (which I will post soon). I need to be finishing my Thesis edits and working on finalizing my cover letter for an application due FRIDAY!!!!

But I have to post instead.

I still can not find that stinkin’ cord for my camera, so my pictures are all trapped on it!! BUT, here is one Dr. Hoepfl gave me of me and Jess!

And then one here of my whole cohort! Seems like we were all in Leadership class just yesterday (not Aug 04).

Robin was home sick today. She had a fever Sunday and some of today. She got up this morning as Nicholas was getting ready for school. Then after I put him on the school bus she laid back down with me (7:15 am). She woke up at 12:30pm!!! She obviously needed the rest! She is in the habit of getting in bed with us now. A few days in a row of thunder then a fever…bet she’ll crawl in bed with us again tonight!

Nicholas is not doing so well in school and on the bus. *sigh*…what to do. We take it one day at a time and do our best. He is very excited about a school play next Monday. We will work on his sheep costume this week. The whole family has been invited to stay after for a brunch with the children. That will be nice. I hope to get a lot of pictures of him with teachers and friends.

He is particularly fond of Holly. It is so precious to hear him talk about her. I want to laugh because it is so cute. But I am afraid that he will not trust me to have conversations about girls if I don’t establish that RIGHT NOW!!! He confided in me last week about how he really wants to be her friend and she won’t play with him. I asked if he plays with other girls and he said “they all beg me to be their friend”. So we talked about how it’s hard when the one you like doesn’t like you back. I know adults that struggle with this!!! So anyway, Holly is very special to him and I told him that I’d get a picture of them together when I got to the play Monday!

Rob has a follow-up interview and a meeting with the college president that afternoon (next Monday). He will go to the play (8:30 am) then head to Greenwood around 10 am. We are assuming that this will be the conversation about pay and start date if he is offered. Still a lot to think about and decide on. I can not cross that bridge until we come to it!!!

More frogs. It is interesting to see them transform into land dwelling creatures. Particularly this one. He still has a long tadpole tale but was on land the other day…then under water a few hours later and back and forth. He has been on land most of the day today. I can’t imagine….what happens? All of a sudden they can not breathe so they know to go get air instead of water??? Nutty!

Ok so now almost 2 hours since Nicholas went to bed and I still have made no progress on the necessary things! Must go make thesis edits! Check back for images!!!

In the meantime , some pictures from earlier in the month of Robin and her buddy Molly!

and a nice Trillium I fond along Howard's Creek.
<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home