Signs of Life

Monday, May 15, 2006

life begins on Monday

Did someone say things would get easier when I graduated? A little less stressful? Well, they were horribly misinformed! For now is the transition back into the real world….with a family this time.

So, Rob has an interview tomorrow in Greenwood, SC. He leaves tonight after his softball game. CRAZY night owl. He went through the whole” does the suit fit anymore” fiasco. It worked out well with a mismatch color pant and coat. Wow. He’s so handsome all dressed up. I can’t decide if I am glad that he doesn’t always wear a suit so that I don’t begin to take it for granted or wish that he dressed up more often!

I just got off the phone with a previous grad student who asked me to apply for a full-time teaching job at a technical school in a program he is the coordinator for. He is looking to find a replacement for his retirement in 5 or so years. Ya gotta be humbled when employers seek you out! The job will be posted this weekend. So I have some time left to think and pray.

Still working on completing my application packet for a grants research job that I am VERY interested in at one particular ORANGE college!!! That deadline is next Friday.

In the meantime, I have been informed of jobs that I will NOT be getting; others I applied for have closed their postings…so now I wait; and still others are not quite what I had expected.

The big family question is who gets the job first and go we move based on that job or hold out for the other person’s offer?????

I also found out that a dear friend form high school is not doing well. A very serious brain surgery just a few months ago must be performed in an emergency. She was misdiagnosed originally (not a tumor it was an aneurism) and the surgeon in Chicago (who saw the aneurism) was not able to remove it before because she was bleeding too much. So off she goes tomorrow to Chicago. I was with her in middle school when she had her first brain surgery. Crazy times! Wish I could be there with her to laugh at how the hospital gown is open in the back again. [please mention my friend Angela Dale in your prayers Tuesday May 16, her anniversary is this week also]

On a less intense note, I had a GREAT Mother’s Day weekend. Lots of outside time, walks in the park, bike rides, playground fun, long naps, and good food! It was very relaxing and rewarding. My children and husband are wonderful to me and are such blessings in my life!

We found a baby Catfish. How cool. I've never seen one this small!!!

Can you believe we live here?!?!?! This is the park we love in Vally Crucis.
We have successfully raised ONE of our 7 tadpoles! We released the first FULLY DEVELOPED FROG last night. Nicholas was great! He was so happy to be putting it back in its environment. What a treat to watch them throughout their transition into frogs. Thanks Adrian, the HUGE tank is wonderful. Lots of room for tadpoles, fish, and frogs! There are 6 more at all levels of development!
Dad has a Prius...did I show you that yet?

<><

1 Comments:

  • hey - WTG and Ahppy Mother's Day! I'm glad GD contacted you - I told him to give you a call just in case the other jobs were crazy enough NOT to hire you. Gee - they really don't know what they are missing out on. Oh well - their loss!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home