Signs of Life

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hit the road Jack!

Greenwood, South Carolina. Our home for 3 years while in college at Lander University and our soon-to-be home again. We will be puling out of Boone for our final trip to Greenwood on Wednesday am, June 28. Rob will work at his new job for 2 days in June to receive the college-wide raise of 3% (how funny!). Rob will be working at Piedmont Technical College in Student Support Services. He is very excited about this job and is looking forward to the new aspects of university/college student services. He’s happy to reduce his caseload by at LEAST three-fourths. He can spend more time and attention with each student.

We are headed down there this weekend to look for a place to live. Several realtors said they’d meet with us on Saturday. So, mom is keeping the children and we will spend the day there. It’d be nice to get something lined up, as Rob has to return this Wednesday to complete HR paperwork. I’m sure we’ll all go down, but it’d be nice to take a load and have a place to “camp”!

I have several applications out still and am looking forward hearing from a few in particular. I have been notified about a few holds and still waiting on another application deadline (I should probably submit that one ‘cause it’s the one I REALLLLLLLLY want!). I am applying to places near greenwood (within 1.5 hour drive). We decided that if I get one of them I will commute until we come to a conclusion. The idea is to move to where MY job takes me. We MAY split the distance, but that seems like eternity from now. I need the job first!

The children will be staying home with me over the summer. We will take Rob to work and pick him up (should we need the car that day). I plan on LOTS of park and pool days, sprinklers and walks! We have all the details worked out in our heads right now…but who knows what will come to pass??? I will keep you posted, that’s for sure.

Tomorrow is Nicholas’ last day of kindergarten. I can not believe this year has gone. Here he was going out the door on his FIRST day of school!
And comming home!

We are enrolling him in day-camp until we leave. I know he’ll enjoy that time in the sun and with friends. He is very sad about leaving Hayes. Tonight he made bracelets for Hayes and Holly (Holly’s has a heart where the “o” goes!). I met Holly’s mom at school and told her how Nicholas adores her. She said Holly talks about Nicholas a lot at home. She’s a very shy little girl and today FINALLY agreed to have her picture taken with Nicholas.

Here are a few recent pictures of the children and stuff we do!

Robin is zipped up in the body pillow case saying "CHEEEEESE" so I could take a picture of her!!!This was the wildest frog we had. One left, and we will let him go tomorrow!Water balloon fights in the evenings before bed!Who wouldn't want to hire this man?...even at 11:30 p.m.Nicholas and his best friend Hayes!Nicholas and his teachers (Mrs. Blakeley and Mrs. Isaacs)
The "Lost Sheep"

Robin shares Nicholas' chair in his class (she CAN NOT WAIT for Kindergarten!)

<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home