Signs of Life

Friday, June 23, 2006

my sweet reward

I tell ya…it is a good thing I took Lamaze classes! ‘Breathe, concentrate, focus and it will all end soon, you will have your sweet reward.”

So we have been mad packing the past few nights. Each night we retire only after we have ran out of tape and boxes! Who would have thought we have so much stuff. The tiny kitchen we have…oh my the boxes! We are no where close to done but will be loading the truck tomorrow evening for a Sat am departure.

We went to Erin and Nathan’s tonight to celebrate friendship and visit with our dog which we will be leaving here with them until further notice. She loves them and they are So good to her. But Nicholas broke my heart. He just wanted to lay with her, sit by her, pet her, and love on her all evening. THEN saying goodbye was the WORST!!! He completely understands this move and what it means. Although he is very excited about being closer to Momma El…that is the ONLY thing!!! He is very sad about leaving his friends (I knew that) and his dog (didn’t realize that)! He kept hugging her goodbye and telling her he’d miss her. The boy and his dog. I was in tears over his anguish…even now. We will come for her when we have a place. In the meantime I will try my best to entertain and occupy them throughout this transition.

I had a wonderful job interview this week. There was a panel of 5 and I felt like they were all my friends from the start. We chatted, laughed, and talked about some serious stuff. I hope they understand how badly they need me…I’m sure they do. The job would be 1.5 hours from our new home. So there will be some serious gas procurement for a few months! It was a long day (left Boone at 8 am and returned at 8 pm…no dilly dallying along the way wither!) but very well worth it!

So, we will not have internet at home for a while. I will be able to check my email and update this some form the business center in the apartment complex. I will update at least once more before our final departure next Wednesday.

<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home