Signs of Life

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Last post from Boone

Laurel just left so I figured it an opportune time to post real quick before I tackle the last two rooms. Laurel, you are a treasure for helping me tonight!!!! Rob is at work doing silly stuff….ha ha ha ha.

So the truck is all packed up. Everything JUST fits. OK so it is not ALL packed up. But it is sure close. We are down to the random stuff that ends up being packed in the garbage cans and laundry baskets. I have YET to touch the top of my dresser. That shouldn’t take too long. Then there’s a few things in the bathroom.

The plan is to hit the road by 8 am to get to Walhalla by noon. Unload and LOAD a few items into and out-of their basement. Then to hit the road again by 1 or 2 for a 2 hour drive to Greenwood. UNLOAD it all there into a garage in the apartment complex. The when the apartment is ready, move it over to our apartment!

So, we have no place to go yet!! The apartment is still occupied until the end of June. Then hey need to go in and check for and make repairs to the place as needed. So we hope to be in EARLY July.

We will break down the computer (probably in the morning) and not have it at home again for quite some time. I will have access to the internet from the apartment complex…when I get there! So then I will post periodically.

Until then. Thank you to so many of you who have supported and loved us in Boone. There are a lot of mixed emotions for all of us. I look forward to hearing from you so email me…or post to my blog when you can!!! See you when I come around from the dark side of the moon.

So, here are some pictures…


Here's a picture of the movers in action...(the helmet is because he would ride his bike in between the dolly runs!)

Rob had a great going-away party this evening.
(the guest of honor)
(a gift for him to remember them by...a t-shirt)
(his cake)
(some of the children)(there were much more pictures...just not a lot of room. Wveryone wants to see the childrne anyway don't they!)

I can't remember if I posted these...so enjoy anyway!
I took this picture for Laurel when I was at Clemson last week...
We have had A LOT of rain the past few days...and Nicholas has loved playing in the mud! He was covered. He asked Rob to throw mud balls at him. So when he was done, Rob placed his muddy hand on Nicholas......Nicholas seems so big until that moment...
The living/dining room Tuesday morning...
The children's bedroom...
Nicholas and I found a moth when we came home this evening. Pretty cool. I like the newness and change that it represents to me during this time...
<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home