Signs of Life

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A quick trip to Boone

A Grand Move
My wonderful professor at ASU has been generous enough to baby-sit our baby grand piano while I was in school. Her family has since been given a piano. So, we are up to Boone this weekend to load it up and bring it to mom's house.

The children are excited about seeing their friends. Maybe we can make a quick visit to see our dog. We really do miss her!

Driving and Crying
So, I am plundering through the books on CD. So far my favorite has been Good Grief. It was a nice story about a widow's road to recovery and recuperation. There are some very funny parts and a few touching moments. My choice.

I started my newest book this morning when I finished Animal Farm (less than half way into my drive). We'll see how that goes. It is neat to listen to the readers character voices.

Walking Petri Dishes!
I love this phrase and it seems a very fitting description of children once public school is back in session. As a result, I have had a miserable stomach bug all week. Food neither helps nor hurts at this point. Soft serve ice cream DID prove to be nice on the tummy after lunch today.
I had wanted to stay home today, but no sick leave accrued yet and I can not afford leave without pay yet!

Singing in the rain...

Nicholas' new collection!

building the bunk beds...just not bunked YET!

<><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home