Signs of Life

Saturday, October 08, 2005

busy, busy, busy...

Momma’s wooped!! After a very long week of work and school and Dad in Vegas…it’s been hectic. I had class Thursday evening and no Rob…so CJ came over. The children LOVE him and he’s great with them. Here’s some evidence…
A construction lesson from the Building Science major!!

A destruciton less form the 5 year old!
Saying goodbye to CJ!!


Thanks CJ! I owe you more than Chinese takeout!!!

So, right now, Nicholas is in the tent in the living room watching The Increadibles and Robin is finally asleep …for now. She has been up a lot these past few evenings. She complains of her teeth hurting and a tummy ache. I determined that it’s 2-year molars and gas! So, Hopefully she’s well taken care of with Tylenol, Oragel, and Mylacan drops!

This Monday and Tuesday is Fall break…should I have said “…are Fall break”??? I have to work on Monday to finish up some crazy projects. Richard Burr is coming and will be visiting our Appropriate Technology and Building Science programs. I am the designate “Poster Girl” in an effort to advertise the Zero Energy Home in Hickory, Affordable Passive Solar design, Building Science, and Fuel Cells. I’ll post some prints when they are finished Monday.

The TEC graduate program is on the web now. I did not design it….but made changes and updates to it. I am working on a new Building Science web site. I need some new pictures for the header and I’ll be good to go! It got put on the back burner this week with the Burr train coming to ASU! Also been busy at working planning for the NC Energy Star Conference.

I’ve been considering removing my Blog. I love this form of journaling. But I may have to do it with Word and remove this from the net. I try not to put extremely personal info on here…but where there’s a will there’s a way. In light of the recent tragedy in Virginia (is that right), I may consider. So incase you return and I am gone. It is for our safety and I know you will understand!

We’ve had rain since Thursday and still falling. Check out the local rainfall totals:

Ray's house 3.74"
Boone 3.26
Blowing Rock 4.49
Rutherwood 4.11
Valle Crucis 2.69
Aho 4.51
Banner Elk 3.5
Newland 3.96
Sugar Mtn 3.58
Linville 7.45
Jefferson 1.76
Phillips Gap 2.75
Sparta 2.81
Spruce Pine 2.8

I need to look at my course work. I have neglected my studies all week! I’m sure I will have a lot of catching’ up to do!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home