Signs of Life

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Go App!!

I scared Robin this afternoon when I was yelling at the TV in support of ASU’s final touchdown against Furman! She’s never seen me get excited like that…not to mention she was in her own world and all of a sudden mommy starts jumping all over!!!

So, ASU is going to the National Championship game in Chattanooga this coming weekend. You can read all about it here…ESPN or goASU.com or ASU!!

(image from ESPN)

After the game fans (AKA students) rushed the field, immediately removed the goal post. Rob and I speculated that it would be tossed in the duck pond so we asked Nicholas and Robin in they wanted to go for a walk to see where they carried the goal post. When Nicholas put it all together he realized that there would be a lot of screaming, crazy people on campus and pleaded not to go!!! Soon after, an image appeared on ASU’s home page that provided the evidence. (Keep hitting re-load until the image appears, there are about 5 random photos).

So, in a new movie with Adam Sandler, The Longest Yard, he mentions something about a lowly team like Appalachian state who never wins. With this, our Chancellor invited Adam Sandler to an ASU home game to learn the truth...here's a couple of articles about that...ASU and USA Today. It'd be pretty cool if he cam to Chattanooga!! (I know... I know, it was all in fun)

The Energy Star conference in Raleigh went well on Thursday. I roped home form there with Dad and Pat who stayed in Boone for 2 VERY COLD days. It was nice to spend some time with them. However, I had to go to school 3 hours one day and then they babysat for us that evening. So, my time with them was limited, but they seemed to enjoy the children!

I have to turn a paper in on Monday and I am officially finished for the semester! Don’t know why I’m not proofing that once more instead of writing this!!!

So, when Dad and Pat babysat for us we went to the movies to see The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Outstanding! Amazing animation and acting, the sets and locations were phenomenal (New Zealand of course). The battle scene and fictitious characters rival The Lord of the Rings! Most importantly however, was the story line and how it tells the truth of Christ. Here is a review by Plugged in! (I got the link from Focus on the Family). Go see it!!!

Oh and Nicholas did not get a Green card on Thursday to make 2 straight weeks of green cards. He was talking too much again. I explained to Dad and at however, that it is completely opposite of the "talking too much" that I used to get in trouble for all the time in elementary school! Nicholas answers all of the questions and "helps" the other children with their work. This disturbs the other students and makes it difficult for them to learn. If he's going to "talk too much" I'd much prefer it's for something like that!! So here we go, all over again from day one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home