Signs of Life

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Nick-roll-up

This is what happens when Nicholas asks Daddy for a fruit roll-up...

He has been doing SO MUCH better at school this week. Counting a short week last week (only 2 days) he has had 5 STRAIGHT days of GREEN CARDS!!! We are SO proud. Today he went on a field trip to Farting Auditorium to see "The 12 Days of Christmas". He really liked it.

Robin has been toilet trained for a few months now...life is GRAND. Over the summer we visited some good friends in
Hendersonville, NC and at the pool she announced that she had to go potty. It's been all potty since!! She likes to go to Lowe's Hardware to look at all the neat stuff. On once visit the summer she announced with such delight..."POTTY!!...POTTY!!! POTTY!!!". At school they have been potty training so Robin loves to share her potty experiences with us now. The other day she announced "looks like a poop-snake!". Bet ya didn't think THAT last time YOU went to the bathroom!!

As for me...I am almost done with this semester. I have a small presentation to give Tuesday and a paper to turn in by the 12th and then I OFFICIALLY have
ONE MORE SEMESTER!!! I have registered for my final semester and I have 6 hours. 3-hours of Thesis and 3-hours on "Technology and Culture". So I will only be in class ONE NIGHT A WEEK!!! That beats the pants off of this semester with 4 NIGHTS A WEEK!!

My Thesis is coming along pretty well. I feel like it is MUCH more like a Dissertation. (You can all call me Doctor when it's over) There is just SO much information. I can not possibly imagine how I am going to present it in ONLY 45 minutes!!!! Whew! Oh well. So next semester is job hunting and Thesis writing.

I hope I can continue working at the
Energy Center. The NC Energy Star Conference is coming up next week...dad is the Keynote speaker!!! I look forward to seeing him and Pat when they visit.

We have successfully completed Christmas shopping for all of those in the family who are pre-teen. The rest will have to wait until I have some time to design for pleasure and not school or work. I can not wait to video the unveiling of Santa's treasures!!! Last year I went out to "check on things" and placed the camera where it would get the children coming out into the living room. This year is going to be that times 10 with them both being old enough to "know" Santa and still believe!!!!

Any good ideas for self-help typing skills???? I’d like to learn to type the right way over Christmas break. I make SO MANY spelling errors because I can not watch the monitor when I type. I could use an GREAT tutorial!!!! (Just ask my research class after Monday night’s Power Point presentation!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home