Signs of Life

Thursday, October 27, 2005

oh....just stuff

So, we have now experienced a school bus breakdown. Unfortunately, it had to happen in kindergarten! No accident, no problems, just a stopped engine. Nicholas was over an hour late to the bus stop (that sure put a hurtin’ on my planned nap for today!). But, finally they arrived and everyone was well. Actually, Nicholas was rather shaken up. He said he started crying because he thought he wasn’t going to get to see us again. (I’d be scared to). He said that he hung out with Mr. Eddie (the WONDERFUL bus driver!!!).

Good to see George and Danny for dinner tonight. Seems like everyone is doing quite well. I miss them and that portion of my life, but at the same time I am eager to complete THIS one and move onto the next!!!

Lots of school work to do. This weekend is homecoming and Mom is coming to visit! I am so excited. Feels like I haven’t seen her in months! I have not told the children yet as they will not stop asking about it until she gets here (which unfortunately will be late Friday evening!). We still have a pumpkin to carve, hopefully Momma El can help….and NOT burn the seeds!!! I look forward to the Aloha Appalachian Homecoming parade on Saturday (there’s nothing like a college homecoming parade). I remember going to Tigerrama as a child. Not sure how many times I went but I sure remember the silly guys in Cutzu!!!

The World Series is entertaining my husband in the evenings! Actually into the early mornings. Game 3 proved to be the longest (time) game in World Series history. [tied most innings record] Rob woke me up when he came o bed at 2:30 am!!!

One more day of good behavior for Nicholas at school and he will have a FULL week of GREEN cards!!! Then we'll go but him Cowboy boots!!!

Robin’s school portraits are back. They gave them to us on loan to see if we want to buy them. If not we have to return them…that’s weird eh? Anyway, I scanned them and thought I’d share with you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home