Signs of Life

Monday, October 17, 2005

...that boy!

While playing with Nicholas’ wonderful new Vegas sword and shield…Rob “got” Robin back! Well, this was not ok with her so she runs over to me and pitifully she exclaims, “Mommy, that boy hit me”. I can not begin to explain what this did to us. We laughed and laughed and laughed!!! For so long I have been “that girl” or “she…”. So for this little Daddy’s girl to say “that boy”…it was almost music to my ears!!!

Nicholas went to a 6 year old birthday party for a classmate on Sunday. Conveniently, Hayes’ dad is a ball-playin’ friend of Rob so dad went to that one and I stayed home with every intention of studying. Did not happen! I snuggled with Robin on the couch for about 2.5 hours while she slept. Sometime I just have to do that!

Nicholas reports a MUCH better day today at school. When I asked him what made the difference he said, “I only played with Hayes all day!” He consistently seems to stay out of trouble when he play with Hayes…so we support this friendship. (Hopefully Hayes will continue to influence Nicholas and not the other way around!).

Workin’ out what to do about a conference in November in St Louis. I’ve been invited to a closed planning meeting my the Executive Director, so I GOTTA GO!!! I think it’s come to a carpool with 2 fellow grad students who are presenting. Looks like about a 9 hour drive in his Suburban at $100 a tank! BUT with a 3-way split and 3 or 4 fill-ups…that’s a LOT cheaper than flying. Even if we choose the multi-city layover across 12 hours! I told the guys I'd bring my DVD player and they can watch movies or play video games while I drive!

Still not real motivated about school. Something has got to give!!!

Nicholas' Kindergarten photo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home