Signs of Life

Monday, October 24, 2005

Best week ever!

Just a quick report that last week Nicholas had his best week ever! He tried so hard and obviously accomplished what he intended. We are so proud of him!!! The Parent-Teacher conference went very well. He is excelling at all academic work but received U's (“Unsatisfactory” in the ‘80’s…or the 2005 term “still needs improvement”) for most "social" assessments ("allows others to work without disruption", "does not talk out of turn", ...). She was impressed that he can tie his shoes and seems to reason at a higher level than most. He loves to figure out things and problem solve. Which may have been a large contribution to finding Hayes to play with (one of the only boys in class who does not get in trouble). The teacher commented on his adoration of Hayes and mentioned how they are VERY different. “Hayes is so serious”. The social development will come I'm sure....when he's 25 or so! But in the meantime, we will continue to do our best and love him through all of it!

Didn’t see Robin much today. She just woke up when I left and when I got home at 7:45 I kissed her nite-nite while she snuggled with Daddy before bedtime.

Snow tomorrow! Check out Ray’s Weather among my favorite links.

Looking forward to watching Clemson University’s Habitat for Humanity Student chapter build the Habitat home on Bowman field starting this weekend!

I look forward to hearing from Florida family on the aftermath of Wilma. I hope that all is well. We we’re not home when Pat called Sunday evening. Maybe I’ll check in in the morning on my way to work out!

Off to bed! I can not handle another 12:30 bedtime this early in the week. More Thesis research tomorrow I guess!

1 Comments:

  • I am soooooo proud of Nicholas' green spots. Only one yellow and maybe next week he can have all green!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home