Signs of Life

Sunday, December 04, 2005

CiCi's, foam soap, and m&ms

We had a blast! Nicholas got a whole week of green cards, plus 2 days last week. That’s 7 straight!!! I can not tell you how proud we are of him. Mom, dad, his teachers….basically anyone I tell…which is everyone.

Rob’s co-worker Ms. Shirley (who rides Nicholas’ scooter with him in the back hall of the advising center, cause it has a cool ramp!!) gave him an m&m dispenser! It’s real neat. She says she’ll give him a bag of m&m’s each time he gets a full week of green.

So, anyway, we went to CiCi’s for dinner (that’s what he chose). We all ate LOTS of pizza, salad, breadsticks, and cinnamon rolls!!! He took his quarters (a daily reward for green cards) and had a blast in the game room with daddy. Then we went to Big Lots and he bought some foaming bath soap. One for him and one for Robin…..

Our neighbor’s son just got here from Russia, Sasha. He is the cutest 4 year old. HE doesn’t speak any English yet, but they seem to have a universal language. Sasha showed up the first day at our door with a HUGE Batman figure. It was instant non-verbal communication! Nicholas has to go to Sasha’s house so his mommy can translate. Nicholas thinks it’s a little weird, but I am excited that he is being exposed to another culture. Hopefully I will have pictures soon. (Nicholas called him Sausage by accident...OOPS!!)

Nicholas just walked in. He’s having trouble sleeping. Say’s he afraid he’ll have nightmares. Anyway, he must have heard me typing. He said “Mommy, wouldn’t it be cool if we had a computer that already knew what you wanted to do and it did it for you?” Maybe he will invent that one day!!!

Robin was playing on the computer with me. We found a coloring page at Hasbro’s Candy Land. The I happened upon m&m’s web site (since Robin loves chocolate so much) and I found these screensavers. I downloaded the ski slope!! Also, check this out…you can have custom printed m&m’s. Wouldn’t this be cool as a wedding favor…baby announcement…birthday greeting…marriage proposal…store promotion item…WHATEVER!!! I think it’s a GREAT idea!

Back to my research paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home