Signs of Life

Sunday, January 08, 2006

oh...just stuff

Today at church we were given a photo. I knew that we would have to frame or laminate the thing ASAP to preserve it’s life. Nicholas carried it all over the church. When we got home I placed it beside his bed. Several times before bedtime I RE-placed the photo beside his bed (as it had been carried all over). I just went in to check on Nicholas and this is what I saw…If you look close under his left arm there is this…Please allow me to introduce you to the infamous “boys”. These 4 boys are Nicholas’ heroes (second…third, fourth, and fifth only to daddy). They are excellent role models and I could not have chosen anyone(s) better for him to want to become. They are so good to him. The oldest is fabulous at tolerating Nicholas’ groping. Nicholas loves him so much... to the point that he hangs all over him, holds his hand, sits in his lap…you name it!!! He is a very tolerant and understanding 15 year old!!

That brings me to the fish….fish # 2 is not doing well either. If he makes it until tomorrow, we will be making another trip to the pet store. At this time I am unsure if I will return with another. What is a mother to do? I asked the “fish man” all sorts of questions. And everyone I know says they can’t kill a Beta if they TRY!!! The boys actually left one in the garage for 3 months and it survived….uncared for!!

On a lighter note…we have a new vehicle. When I say new I do mean new!! We are thrilled!!! It is a long story but basically we were going to have to put about $1000 of repairs into a van we paid $2400 for and it didn’t make sense. Axel, barring, engine mount…..whose to say something else wont break in 3 more months. We got a good deal on the van and will have payments just at $300/month. She doesn’t have name yet, but let me introduce our new addition…

It’s an 2005 Honda, Element! We bought it with 8 miles on the odometer!!! I can not begin to express the peace I have about this purchase and the comfort I have knowing that my family is safe driving it and we have a warrantee!!! A lot of people think they look very silly. But 2 things… 1. when you see the space and materials of the inside you wont laugh, and 2. when you’re inside, you don’t see how silly it looks. If people point and smile at me I’ll just smile and wave back. Besides, they see me….not my silly orange car. (Which I think looks VERY cool by the way!!!

Our trip to Columbia was cancelled due to vehicle problems. Needless to say that is back on for this coming weekend.

The public school system decided to NOT have school tomorrow to provide a teacher workday missed from December snow. So, now he WILL have school next Monday (MT. Luther King holiday).

Tomorrow is the first day back to school for my final semester. And as you may have concluded from the previous statement, I will be home with Nicholas. I only have one class this semester and it is Thursday evenings.

3 out of 5 members of our design team met this afternoon. I am really looking forward to this project. I know I will learn A LOT about sustainable building and non profit construction work!!! You know I ill keep you posted.

Speaking of posted. I have an update in the M30 stuff I tried on Nicholas’ new t-shirt. The cherry and dirt came out with no problem. The blood, however, is a nice brown spot down the front of the shirt! There may have been different results had we done laundry immediately. But it wasn’t feasible to run straight over to the laundry mat just then!
Appointment tomorrow with Career Development to work on my resume and begin the job search.

Some random photos...

Fun with Legos

Family game time playing Kerplunk (Robin calls it "The Plunk"). There are 3 different colors of sticks and the pink are Robins!!!! The idea is to pull a stick so that no marbles fall . None the less, Robin is thrilled to get the marbles!!Nicholas and I had to go through the car wash without Robin (She's very afraid of it!). The van was nasty with salt and sand from a recent snow. As we waited our turn, I snapped this one of Nicholas (interesting light I thought!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home